Sign in to follow this  
aurumsg

TPMS prob saved my tire...

I keep my tires at 250-255 @ 46 degree celsius.

This morning when the tires reached 45 degrees all except my front left were at about 250. The alarm went off as front left registered only 225.

I checked visually they looked all ok. But I took a detour to a tire shop. And sure enough realized a 1.5 inch screw. It was a slow leak and would have ruined the tire if I continued onto my journey on AYE..

It cost me only 100+. Would recommend to all.

I'm thinking of getting the TPMS too. Did you buy from eBay? Does alarm go to your info panel? Any setting required?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of getting the TPMS too. Did you buy from eBay? Does alarm go to your info panel? Any setting required?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gotnit from a local tire shop in UBI. Its a taiwan brand called orange.

Its not integrated jnto the console. Somes with its own LCD that needs to be USB powered. I stuck mine with tape just outside the center armrest which has a usb port. That way no wire to show.

I gotnit from a local tire shop in UBI. Its a taiwan brand called orange.

Its not integrated jnto the console. Somes with its own LCD that needs to be USB powered. I stuck mine with tape just outside the center armrest which has a usb port. That way no wire to show.

This morning when the tires reached 45 degrees all except my front left were at about 250. The alarm went off as front left registered only 225.

I checked visually they looked all ok. But I took a detour to a tire shop. And sure enough realized a 1.5 inch screw. It was a slow leak and would have ruined the tire if I continued onto my journey on AYE..

Agreed!  flat tires twice within 1 year. Cost me $700 each time to change both rear tires.....Getting my friend to buy the Steelmate TP-70 DIY TPMS from HK........Anyone interested?

i would suggest tyredog. its an externally mounted TPMS unlike Orange. if the battery dies for tyredog, just get a replacement from any hardware shop, standard battery.

if Orange battery dies, its throw away the whole unit. Worse, you have to get your car/tyre to a tyre shop to dismount the tyre, remove the tyre from the rim, and then remove the internal TPMS, and replace with another internal TPMS. That's additional labour charge already.

The internal battery supposed to last 5-7 years, but i've heard feedback it can die as early as 1-2 years on. Irregardless, its a use and throw away item cos you can't change the battery at your own will and convenience unlike tyredog.

afew bros here (and me) have used tyredog for nearly 2 years. the remote receiver that tells you temperature and pressure runs off a battery, which lasts up to a year for black and white, and approx 6 months for color. again, easily replaceble. AAA battery. The receiver is a small little unit, like 1/2 the size of a pager. You don't even have to mount it anywhere, or plug in to cigarette lighter for power, just set the min/max parameters for temp and pressure, chuck it aside. when it beeps then have a look and see what is going wrong.

You pumped your tire pressure to 255KPA ?

How's the ride ? hard, soft, ? 

I thot of tyredog before going for Orange.

The thot of the sensor being easily removed made me go for orange.

i would suggest tyredog. its an externally mounted TPMS unlike Orange. if the battery dies for tyredog, just get a replacement from any hardware shop, standard battery.

if Orange battery dies, its throw away the whole unit. Worse, you have to get your car/tyre to a tyre shop to dismount the tyre, remove the tyre from the rim, and then remove the internal TPMS, and replace with another internal TPMS. That's additional labour charge already.

The internal battery supposed to last 5-7 years, but i've heard feedback it can die as early as 1-2 years on. Irregardless, its a use and throw away item cos you can't change the battery at your own will and convenience unlike tyredog.

afew bros here (and me) have used tyredog for nearly 2 years. the remote receiver that tells you temperature and pressure runs off a battery, which lasts up to a year for black and white, and approx 6 months for color. again, easily replaceble. AAA battery. The receiver is a small little unit, like 1/2 the size of a pager. You don't even have to mount it anywhere, or plug in to cigarette lighter for power, just set the min/max parameters for temp and pressure, chuck it aside. when it beeps then have a look and see what is going wrong.

frankly.. its a VERY UGLY sensor.. nobody would want to steal it to use on their car.. lol. the only reason i can think of why somebody would wanna do it is mischief or revenge cos its definitely not to put on their car. the sensors are coded to the TPMS. just cos somebody lost/damaged 1pc, doesn't mean that somebody can just grab yours and use on their car.

Steelmate DIY TPMS TP-71 P - can change battery model. Currently on offer @Aliexpress. Abt USD128 including FED EX deilvery to Singapore. It is definitely a good buy.

Steelmate DIY TPMS TP-71 P - can change battery model. Currently on offer @Aliexpress. Abt USD128 including FED EX deilvery to Singapore. It is definitely a good buy.

Yea. I fill to 255. Then upon reaching 42 celsius it goes to 260.. whats recommemded anyway?

depends on tyre model, rim size and individual preference. there's no hard and fast rule, though there is a recommended tyre pressure on your passenger door (IIRC)

previous original pirelli tyres i pumped cold to 36psi front and 38psi rear for local driving and 1-2psi more for NSHW driving. current michelin PSS is slightly harder, and i'm happy with cold 33psi front and 35psi rear.

14.5psi = 100kpa