mx25

"Restricted Performance" error msg

Anyone here has encountered the similar issue? What would be the root cause and shall I send my ride to workshop immediately? 

-The warning restricted performance popped up. Than I switch off ignition made reset and it disapeared. Anyway I took the car to workshop and they update software and check all sistem..  -Restricted performance popped up sometimes and after engine turned off, disapeare. After diagnose it was replaced the defected gascket of secondary turbo. Dealer also replace turbo and the complete turbo kit (sensors, etc) just for caution.  -After restricted performance popped up again dealer replace secondary turbo exhaust valve.  -Cooling sistem pipe leaking -Left valve cover cracked.

Seem like a lot of possibilities.....big issue??

The “restrict performance” when pop up, means the system noticed irregularity in the feedback. And drops the performance to protect your car. Prevents one from “whacking” the car and damaging the engine. When that happens, it is advisable to go check out the reason.  

It is red colour error msg. Next day went to Wearnes service centre and identified there is air leakage in one of the pipe. Got it changed and now is OK. 

I got the restricted performance once.

When plug in with the diagnostic, it likely show which section trigger the code.

For me. It's the MAF sensor. Replaced it and it never come back.

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

My is a 6 year old ride. Xf, 3.0 v6, petrol. And is no longer under warranty. So went to a external workshop to fix it.

On 1/4/2016 at 3:17 PM, gtpek said:

I got the restricted performance once.

When plug in with the diagnostic, it likely show which section trigger the code.

For me. It's the MAF sensor. Replaced it and it never come back.

It's my turn to get the warning light. Sigh. We have the same model and year. Do you happen to remember the how much is the damage?