Jump to content
mx25

"Restricted Performance" error msg

Recommended Posts

-The warning restricted performance popped up. Than I switch off ignition made reset and it disapeared. Anyway I took the car to workshop and they update software and check all sistem..  -Restricted performance popped up sometimes and after engine turned off, disapeare. After diagnose it was replaced the defected gascket of secondary turbo. Dealer also replace turbo and the complete turbo kit (sensors, etc) just for caution.  -After restricted performance popped up again dealer replace secondary turbo exhaust valve.  -Cooling sistem pipe leaking -Left valve cover cracked.

Seem like a lot of possibilities.....big issue??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The “restrict performance” when pop up, means the system noticed irregularity in the feedback. And drops the performance to protect your car. Prevents one from “whacking” the car and damaging the engine. When that happens, it is advisable to go check out the reason.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is red colour error msg. Next day went to Wearnes service centre and identified there is air leakage in one of the pipe. Got it changed and now is OK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the restricted performance once.

 

When plug in with the diagnostic, it likely show which section trigger the code.

 

For me. It's the MAF sensor. Replaced it and it never come back.

 

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My is a 6 year old ride. Xf, 3.0 v6, petrol. And is no longer under warranty. So went to a external workshop to fix it.

 

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2016 at 3:17 PM, gtpek said:

I got the restricted performance once.

 

When plug in with the diagnostic, it likely show which section trigger the code.

 

For me. It's the MAF sensor. Replaced it and it never come back.

 

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

It's my turn to get the warning light. Sigh. We have the same model and year. Do you happen to remember the how much is the damage? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 2009 XF 2.7, I’ve been getting the Restricted Performance message with the DSC light coming on.  Long story short it’s been in the garage and had a pair of New EGR valves fitted, a pair of MAFs fitted and no leaks from any turbo pipes.

 

This still doesn’t sort it, anyone have any other ideas?  
 

This is my 1st Jaguar but I’m running out of patience and time with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2020 at 9:14 PM, Jutty said:

I have a 2009 XF 2.7, I’ve been getting the Restricted Performance message with the DSC light coming on.  Long story short it’s been in the garage and had a pair of New EGR valves fitted, a pair of MAFs fitted and no leaks from any turbo pipes.pi

 

This still doesn’t sort it, anyone have any other ideas?  
 

This is my 1st Jaguar but I’m running out of patience and time with it.

Wow an XF 2.7. Seen them in Europe but didn't know we have that here. Thought they only bought 3Ls.

Which workshop did you go to? Is it a Jaguar specialised workshop? IF not, I suggest you go to Autobolt. I believe they can help you identify problem. I have been to them few times before with Restricted Performance, and they could fix it. Now with CB, call to make sure they are open before you go.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 3:52 AM, XFS said:

Wow an XF 2.7. Seen them in Europe but didn't know we have that here. Thought they only bought 3Ls.

Which workshop did you go to? Is it a Jaguar specialised workshop? IF not, I suggest you go to Autobolt. I believe they can help you identify problem. I have been to them few times before with Restricted Performance, and they could fix it. Now with CB, call to make sure they are open before you go.

 

I just dont know what is going on with this car, losing confidence in it and Jaguars in general.  There seems to be alot of these threads on various forums.....

I have had the battery checked, underload aswell, all ok.

I had the codes cleared and light doesnt appear on idle or even at slow speed, but the 1st time I speed up the `Restricted Performance` message comes up along with `DSC Not Available`. The codes that has come back is `P0489 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Control Circuit A Low`.

So I am at a loss as to what the issue is, and why it would affect the DSC..... Any further suggestions welcome although I feel a trip to the robbing buggers at Jag might be on the cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jutty said:

I just dont know what is going on with this car, losing confidence in it and Jaguars in general.  There seems to be alot of these threads on various forums.....

I have had the battery checked, underload aswell, all ok.

I had the codes cleared and light doesnt appear on idle or even at slow speed, but the 1st time I speed up the `Restricted Performance` message comes up along with `DSC Not Available`. The codes that has come back is `P0489 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Control Circuit A Low`.

So I am at a loss as to what the issue is, and why it would affect the DSC..... Any further suggestions welcome although I feel a trip to the robbing buggers at Jag might be on the cards.

You cleared the code, but before that you got the error code checked? What did it say? Clearing the code does not solve the problem.

If you have modded or put in piggyback, "CEL" and "Restricted Performance" is likely to appear. 

Incidentally, XF 2010 onwards have not much problem based on what I can see in our group of kakis. You need to identify the root of the problem you are seeing now. Once resolved you should have a rewarding ride. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Jaguar but I’m ready to throw in the towel, at least until they get this “Restricted Performance” thing figured out. I have a Jaguar XF Supercharged, it has displayed the message for the last 2+ yrs now, bigger problem is Jaguar doesn’t even know what causes it.. different for each vehicle. They are going to drag you through a lengthy trail n error process at your expense unless under warranty and the signal is bound to come right back. Mine rides fine all winter but when the weather gets warmer it happens more frequently, I’ve replaced all cooling related parts, and some. I can only ride short distances and have to be sure not to push it too hard, otherwise I’m just cruising with barely any power. 
I’m car shopping now, problem is nothing has the combination of power & luxury like my Jag... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So here is an update, I took it to another person I know in the trade who `loves a challenge`, he has checked it through and checked the wiring etc and he is 80% sure the fault is with the electronic unit on the turbo sending an incorrect signal to the EGR.  He has narrowed it down to the turbo on the o/s, so does anyone know of the best and cheapest place to buy a turbo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So here is an update, I took it to another person I know in the trade who `loves a challenge`, he has checked it through and checked the wiring etc and he is 80% sure the fault is with the electronic unit on the turbo sending an incorrect signal to the EGR.  He has narrowed it down to the turbo on the o/s, so does anyone know of the best and cheapest place to buy a turbo?

What model is ur car. I upgraded my turbo hence stock one lying ard. Mileage was ard 50k. Need to check my records to confirm.

 

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What model is ur car. I upgraded my turbo hence stock one lying ard. Mileage was ard 50k. Need to check my records to confirm. 

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Anyway a brand new hybrid one can be custom ordered from UK include shipping under 2.5k abt 3-4 weeks.

 

Stage 1 - 300-320hp

Stage 2 - 340-360hp

 

Our gearbox already almost max out with the Stage 1 unless you have 8HP50 in ur car cannot take stage 2

 

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...