Darknight

Basic Queries

51 posts in this topic

Oh, I never new about Thinkware. Thought Blackvue is the best and hence installed the same- been almost 02 months, so far so good. I wanted incam which could run on independent  battery source and not car battery !!

Any incar cam should be capable to tap power from any power source, whether car battery or otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks you are right, however for some weird reasons not many options in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting a reliable shop to install for you would be most important. I personally recommend Nam Huat from Toh Guan, but pretty sure there good installers elsewhere.

Darknight likes this

Getting a reliable shop to install for you would be most important. I personally recommend Nam Huat from Toh Guan, but pretty sure there good installers elsewhere.

Thanks and appreciated

zenkinz likes this

Hi,

Needed to check with fellow group members if you have encountered a Whining noise that comes while accelerating. However this is not prominent once at higher speeds. Also if the aircon fan is switched off the noise is not audible. This noise does not impact the performance during acceleration but kind of is getting too noticeable by the ears. Thought of doing a check here.

Hi,

Needed to check with fellow group members if you have encountered a Whining noise that comes while accelerating. However this is not prominent once at higher speeds. Also if the aircon fan is switched off the noise is not audible. This noise does not impact the performance during acceleration but kind of is getting too noticeable by the ears. Thought of doing a check here.

Whining when accelerating and decelerating, and if it comes from under the bonnet, it is possible that steering fluid is low. Open the bonnet and you can check that easily just by looking at the reservoir.

Darknight likes this

Whining when accelerating and decelerating, and if it comes from under the bonnet, it is possible that steering fluid is low. Open the bonnet and you can check that easily just by looking at the reservoir.

Thanks will check, though I doubt since my cat is 02 months old :) The noise doesnt come up when in higher speed

Second that. Another sign is when power steering gets unwieldy.

Collected my new XF last week. Very happy with the car and the service provided :) .

However, there is one disappointment, which was told is related to Singapore regulation. There is no way to install a SIM card for SG version of the car. All the good features that are available from InControl Remote and Protect are therefore not available  :( . Also notice Jaguar InControl Apps for IOS or Android, which can be sync with the car. Anyone can advice if you had got it working? I couldn't find InControl Apps in my car touch screen.

post-2651-0-22555100-1478423771_thumb.jpg

post-2651-0-25604200-1478423782_thumb.jpg

post-2651-0-82201000-1478423786_thumb.jpg

How come your IU look so different from mine.  Mine is the XF2016, got it in June this year.  You can show the whole gps in the instrument panel?

Collected my new XF last week. Very happy with the car and the service provided :) .

However, there is one disappointment, which was told is related to Singapore regulation. There is no way to install a SIM card for SG version of the car. All the good features that are available from InControl Remote and Protect are therefore not available  :( . Also notice Jaguar InControl Apps for IOS or Android, which can be sync with the car. Anyone can advice if you had got it working? I couldn't find InControl Apps in my car touch screen.

John - Congratulations!! for an awesome buy. Keep posting your experience and fellow members would be more than glad to be of assistance wherever they can. In regard to SIM Card you are right the same is not being offered for Jaguar, though I doubt if its from government regulation. BMW has the feature and they have a 24x7 assist. Just that you need to have a SIM card and a plan associated with the same. Once you start using the car the other features would overwhelm and this feature not being there wouldn't bother much.

I have bought an XF too and it's exactly 2.5 months old :) now. The in Apps feature isn't enabled yet. Your IU is awesome as mine done not have the full GPS on the 2nd screen. It only has pointers.

Thanks for the kind responds and advices. Bought the car in April with some customization. Full LED adaptive headlight, InControl Touch Pro 380W, tyre pressure  monitor, blind spot and reverse detection and in car front back cameras. Took almost 8 months to deliver. It was a well worth wait at a very reasonable price :) .

InControl Touch Pro come with a full digital dashboard screen, which can be customize on the fly.

newjaguar likes this

How come your IU look so different from mine.  Mine is the XF2016, got it in June this year.  You can show the whole gps in the instrument panel?

Its an upgrade option.

newjaguar and Darknight like this

Its an upgrade option.

Thanks Ken, will be interesting to know if there is a possibility of upgrading the GPS and it's features !!

i would not pin my hopes on it. since the early XF versions, the map/nav features have always been outsourced by Jag. since 2012, my version has not had a ASIA update. all updates concentrate on EU and US.

so until they do it in house or join up with a map/nav provider who updates ASIA regularly, you pay for update also useless.

Folks - Good Morning. Few basic queries, just in case you have explored 

Has any one of you tried using the Tire Pressure indicator Valves/Caps from the market on a Jag?

If so, your views. 

Folks- Quick check, has any of the Bros have a 2016 XF model, will be useful to exchange specific information...

Noted and Thanks "newjaguar". Let's see if there are any more Bros...

Hi,

I'm using iRoad V7. Not fantastic, cos not Full HD but good enough to view, even at night. Rear cam is poorer due to the winscreen slope, heater lines and window tint. But can still see number plate at closer proximity. Been using almost 2 yrs now. I use 32GB memory and i'm quite ok with that. This Cam saved me on 2 incidents. Video speaks all. I tapped it from the power where IU is connected. So far, touch wood. Battery still ok. 24/7 surveillance.  I set to cut supply off at 12.3V. Video quality still same, didn't deteriorate after 2 yrs of use. touch wood.

Darknight likes this

Hi,

I'm using iRoad V7. Not fantastic, cos not Full HD but good enough to view, even at night. Rear cam is poorer due to the winscreen slope, heater lines and window tint. But can still see number plate at closer proximity. Been using almost 2 yrs now. I use 32GB memory and i'm quite ok with that. This Cam saved me on 2 incidents. Video speaks all. I tapped it from the power where IU is connected. So far, touch wood. Battery still ok. 24/7 surveillance. I set to cut supply off at 12.3V. Video quality still same, didn't deteriorate after 2 yrs of use. touch wood.

Thanks for the information Bro. Tapping the power from IU area is interesting indeed.

Thanks for the information Bro. Tapping the power from IU area is interesting indeed.

No problem Bro. Hope you'll find your ideal cam. Actually, was not difficult. I DIY myself. The IU is tapped from a source that's located on driver side dash. You can only access with door open. There's a cover that can be removed easily.Traced the IU wire, you will be able to locate where they tap it from. You must take extra caution because this is a live 12V, even with ignition off.  I attached a pic to show how I did it. I hide the excess cables into the dash. I bought the cam from a guy who sells variety of cams. He does installations too. He's very familiar with Jag cars. He's nice and provide good service. 

post-2292-0-15102900-1490374653_thumb.jpg

newjaguar and Darknight like this

No problem Bro. Hope you'll find your ideal cam. Actually, was not difficult. I DIY myself. The IU is tapped from a source that's located on driver side dash. You can only access with door open. There's a cover that can be removed easily.Traced the IU wire, you will be able to locate where they tap it from. You must take extra caution because this is a live 12V, even with ignition off. I attached a pic to show how I did it. I hide the excess cables into the dash. I bought the cam from a guy who sells variety of cams. He does installations too. He's very familiar with Jag cars. He's nice and provide good service.

attachicon.gifDSC_1434_edit.JPG

Very useful information and the picture.

Bro- I already got BlackVue installed !!