Coltagious

First Jag, first RWD, first week with my XE 2.0D

30 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, new XE diesel owner here. Got my IRR XE last sat. Really pleased with how this feline drives, the pull from below 1.5k rpm onwards is very addictive, i fear for my licence kekeke.

Simply put, the past week was a blast driving the XE. This is one car which just makes me look forward to driving.

One other thing that impresses me is that the ride is very comfortable yet not too softly sprung. Its an amazing balance of comfort and performance.

OK, so nothing's perfect on this world. If i were to nitpick, i would say that i wish it would have a few more cubby holes somewhere. This car is not small but amazingly short on space to keep stuff.

Another issue is the parking sensors. When i put the car to Reverse, i get to see only the camera but not the sensors front and back. This is not very helpful esp when trying to squeeze into a tight parallel lot.

Stock looking XE

20161129_184204_zps3fyoeciu.jpg

My first minor mod.....made by a UK Jag forum member.......

20161130_175024_zps54aefxwq.jpg

20161201_102346_zpsfz07oauu.jpg

Update on 4/4/17

Making the arm rest space more useful:

Before:

20170318_145932_zpsh7aymqky_edit_1491284

After:

20170318_145937_zpskggv7opq.jpg

Ok...CF stickers might not be to everyone's taste.....

20170318_161330_zps28vnyvbf.jpg

Coltagious and Darknight like this

After a long wait of almost 5 months, my rims finally arrive :-]

Stats...for those interested. This gives a almost 100% flushed look. Perfect imo.

Rear wheels:

20170321_205208_zps1feabteu.jpg

Front wheels:

20170321_205222_zpswwgwav78.jpg

Getting ready for diy coating ;-)

20170331_220834_zpsbyk9rjwe.jpg

Gtechniq C5.

20170330_205524_zpslj2o6weq.jpg

The big day has arrived.....

20170401_161135_zps3dgfuxtd.jpg

Toothless......

20170401_162653_zps2p7h8dfq.jpg

New claws on....

20170401_164452_001_zps4uma8bsl.jpg

Flushed....

20170401_164847_zpsybwnldeb.jpg

20170401_173202_zpsk1phckim.jpg

Glamour shots....sort of :-)

20170403_211442_zps8qxjwdhv.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e199/Coltagious/20170403_211357_zpse4ju6yqm.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e199/Coltagious/20170403_211239_zpsa1norrst.jpg

newjaguar and Coltagious like this

Chio Car. Seems red is a popular Colour for xe. We have 2 Bros in our club driving red xe. Next time get together, 3 of you can park side by side. The mod is very nice.

Thank you. If the bluefire option was still avail, i would probably have gone for that. Not sure why jag replaced it with the caesium blue. Both would have been a great option for xe buyers.

Anyway, i chose the IRR based on a red f-pace in the showroom which also had a jet interior. This colour just seems to call out to me. Love the understated contrast stitching on the leather interior as well. Will keep a lookout for meetup ????

newjaguar likes this

Hi everyone, new XE diesel owner here. Got my IRR XE last sat. Really pleased with how this feline drives, the pull from below 1.5k rpm onwards is very addictive, i fear for my licence kekeke.

Simply put, the past week was a blast driving the XE. This is one car which just makes me look forward to driving.

One other thing that impresses me is that the ride is very comfortable yet not too softly sprung. Its an amazing balance of comfort and performance.

OK, so nothing's perfect on this world. If i were to nitpick, i would say that i wish it would have a few more cubby holes somewhere. This car is not small but amazingly short on space to keep stuff.

Another issue is the parking sensors. When i put the car to Reverse, i get to see only the camera but not the sensors front and back. This is not very helpful esp when trying to squeeze into a tight parallel lot.

Congratulations !! for an awesome buy. Have Fun and drive safe...

ok your front sensors when activated will flash red on the reverse cam view on the upper right and left. hope that helps

try it in your parking lot when no one around... move the car around and you can see the red box flash at diff areas for fwd or aft sensors

Another thing you can do is to manually press the P button to activate the parking sensors. The proximity display only appears when an obstacle is detected. Try pressing it and ask someone to walk next to the sensor, you will see it come on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I did get the proximity sensors coming on, but the delayed action is quite significant. Will try out a few more times and perhaps take a few pics to illustrate my problem.

I am thinking its more of my expectations rather than the car. Anyway, i am gog away for 2 weeks. Will update again when i get back. Thanks again for all the assistance.

For those interested, i have amended the thread to capture some cosmetic changes i did to the car at the front of the thread for easy viewing :-]

More pics to be uploaded in a day or two

Warm Welcome!

I was tempted to get the XE 2.0D as well.  Just got to loon a little longer....still have 3yrs to go...then consider XE or XF (likely XE due to several reasons).

EA

Thanks EA. I am looking forward to what jag comes up with for the 2nd gen of XE. That could fit your timeframe for change.

Thanks EA. I am looking forward to what jag comes up with for the 2nd gen of XE. That could fit your timeframe for change.

Likely would be just face-lift.

By 2020, son would be driving oredi hence unless can afford 3rd car in the family, would have to "share" car with him.

Thank you. I'm really pleased with how they turned out ????. If the car can take more aggressive offets, it would be even nicer fitting concave rims kekeke.

Hope everyone's Monday started well. Kid's moment of inspiration kinda made the simple dash look a little livelier. Cheers

20170417_072816_zpsa1x1oimf.jpg

what's the thingy on the dashboard !!! Looks cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, its that round disc which i bought as a cupholder cover for my XE.

Kid took a piece of silicon anti-slip and placed it under the disc as a dashboard deco kekeke.

If you see my first few posts you will see the disc up close.