Yogi

Air Con

8 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, first time owning a jag here and wanted to know if generally the XF has a weak aircon or perhaps it's a problem with my car? My aircon only seems to work when it's travelling normal but when stuck in traffic, sometimes warm air comes out! Also, any way to perpetually keep the recirculation function on?

TIA

Hi, Firstly Congratulations on being the owner of a Jag. Do write in details of model/year.

There could be multiple issues regarding the warm air- ranging from "Fan problem to poor compressor regulator valve operation". Best would be to take this to the service centre.

Regarding recirculation function, let me revert back by doing a check on my Cat. I vaguely recollect that there is a setting that gets activated if you keep the button pressed for extra 4-5 seconds, will revert...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yop need to press and hold the re-circulation button for a few seconds every time you start your cat.

Thanks so much folks. Mine is 2010 XF. Will try the 'press and hold 5 secs' tip and trick and report back..

Pleased to confirm - the 5 seconds thingy worked!

May I know what the 5 seconds thingy is? I tried it on my 2015 XF and it just said Latched Recirculation. The recirculation vent remained closed for the duration of the trip. But when I restarted my car, it was back to Auto. :(

May I know what the 5 seconds thingy is? I tried it on my 2015 XF and it just said Latched Recirculation. The recirculation vent remained closed for the duration of the trip. But when I restarted my car, it was back to Auto. :(

Yes, you need to press and hold the button every time you start the car.  My dairy ritual when i start my car are to press and hold this button and switch off my auto stop-start.

JaggerXF likes this