Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kennethtancy

Letting my dear XF go

11 posts in this topic

Haizzzz... my dear XF is leaving by end of July.... just signed on the dotted line.

a victim of singapore high COE and PARF system, car was still good and all singing and dancing... but crunching numbers just made sense to let it go.

replacement is a 7 seater KIA sorrento GT. 

maybe in 1-2yrs after i drop the other car i will return for a Jag 2 seater..... I love the Jag.

Haizzzz... my dear XF is leaving by end of July.... just signed on the dotted line.

a victim of singapore high COE and PARF system, car was still good and all singing and dancing... but crunching numbers just made sense to let it go.

maybe in 1-2yrs after i drop the other car i will return for a Jag 2 seater..... I love the Jag.

:(  :(  :(

Even then must continue to join us for gtg Bro!

Sadness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro, have U sold off your jag? Do u have reverse camera ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Kenneth, I am probably dense but I do not quite get why you have to change car because of the high COE prices and PARF system. If you have time, educate me a little? Thanks. 

no worries  and dun say that.... my car was bought during high COE days ie approx 90k, my car was bought at 230k.

by selling it at 5yr mark i get maximum PARF back and COE at 5yrs returns me close to 45k.

coincidentally current new COE are at 50-55k.

so logic prevail that if i continue i have a high depreciation car for 5yrs or sell it and just the COE rebate alone i can nearly get a new 10yr COE.

PARF at 5 yrs is max and will go on a sliding scale till the end. so unless there is a robust 2nd hand market over paying for used Jags, it will be on a sliding scale every year till the end and  all i get is a portion of the OMV thats all.. 

Coltagious likes this