vinchng

Baby Cat's Servicing (XE)

12 posts in this topic

Hello Season Cat owners.

Greetings.

I'm looking to get an XE as my next car. Am wondering if you can help me with my qualms:

1) Which one is better - Diesel or petrol? What is the fuel consumption like for both?

2) How much will it be for a servicing if it is out of warranty (After the 5 years servicing) Even for the 5 years warranty servicing, how much will that be? (Cost a bomb compared to an Audi)

3) Pros and Cons of an XE? (I heard some say that the interior looks a bit "dated") the gear shift that comes up automatically - any problems with it in the long run?

Looking forward to some advice.

Thanks y'all.

1) Diesel, definitely. Torque is amazing, full tank gets me 700+ km, yet $60+ to top up.
2) Warranty not up so can't answer
3) Dated? Uhhh, have you seen the BMW3 interior?
But seriously if you're expecting cutting-edge design, that's not what Jaguar is good for. What Jag is good for is timeless elegance. It is a great British brand after all. The rotary Jaguar Drive selector has been around for 10 years so I would think they would have ironed out any problems with it by now.

PS: If you want to buy a diesel, the best time to buy is now, before the new emissions surcharges kick in on 1 Jan 2018.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

snowmanyer likes this

Diesel FC- I pump at taxi uncle diesel/lng kiosk. I get about 860-900km per tank of $48

Servicing wise-engine got a bit rough (sounds rough) at 15k km so I changed oil myself. Now my engine really purrs. The first servicing is at 34k so sit back and relax, even if it costs a bomb

Interior- I luv it... so much more luxurious. (Compared to Audi) what comes as add ons are standard in jaguar. (Electric seats, Bluetooth link to iPod, reverse cam)

Please buy the XE diesel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XFS likes this

Hi,

Like to know for diesel. Any different during servicing like only use specific oil?

I be collecting my car soon and thinking of waiting 35k for 1st service, i may go to outside to change oil more frequent.

On 28/07/2017 at 4:18 PM, Kentotoro said:

Diesel FC- I pump at taxi uncle diesel/lng kiosk. I get about 860-900km per tank of $48

Servicing wise-engine got a bit rough (sounds rough) at 15k km so I changed oil myself. Now my engine really purrs. The first servicing is at 34k so sit back and relax, even if it costs a bomb

Interior- I luv it... so much more luxurious. (Compared to Audi) what comes as add ons are standard in jaguar. (Electric seats, Bluetooth link to iPod, reverse cam)

Please buy the XE diesel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro mind to share where did you change your engine oil. I am very skeptical about jaguar service interval  34k. Am think of doing an oil change outside  in between but not sure where to go to get the right stuff..

I am also eyeing the XE. Its a gorgeous looking car! I always wanted to own a Jag one day. However, I heard mixed reviews about the reliability of Jag cars. Are they really that unreliable? Heard lots of negative reviews about XE too such as cramped rear seats, small and impractical boot and storage, rattles like rattle snake, cheap i terior, poor paint quality etc. The only positives are the looks and handling.

Actually I am not a fussy person but the negatives seem quite a bit so I would appreciate existing owners' sharings on these.  

Hi snowmanyer

i am a happy and proud owner of jaguar XE.

Been driving it for 5months and still loving it. I don't have the answers to most of your questions but I just share with you my point views.

Just head down to the showroom and have a test drive and feel for yourself. Generally people made purchase based on either logical and emotional decision. You need to know what you want and your budget. 

Jaguar XE is definitely not the best sedan in its class, it depends on your acceptance level of its flaws. The critics will never ends and it comes from an individual preference so place your judgement because you going to be the owner and driver.

Enjoy your buying journey. 

Ray

snowmanyer likes this

Hi snowmayer, 

The XE does have quite a few flaws to be honest. 

1) She's darn good looking - mine got scratched on the boot recently by some loser #$@/÷!!!

2) her roof is slightly shorter than other saloons for that sweeping good looks - you get reminded to stay focused on her as you enter....just like what my wife does with a knock on my head when my eyes go wandering :-)

3) Boot is a little small - helps me to keep only relevant stuff in the car. Still fits my recaro child seat with some room to spare. 

4) She lacks cubby space - again, this lady does not like to carry too much junk. Just a slot at each door for a small size btl plus a folder for coupons. Center console does have some space where u can buy an internal divider to give u more space. Oh, there's a wifi slot there to charge ur phone. 

5) She rattles - sometimes i hear it, sometimes i don't. Sometimes ladies can get a bit more naggy, mine does it from time to time. Didnt bother me that much :-) But heard another XE bro's rattling problem was bad enuf for him to ask wearns to check. Think it was resolved. 

6) rear seats are too cramped - i frequently ferry families and friends around. They comment that space is sufficient for travelling in SG. Unless you always go full load up north, this isnt a big deal imo cos i am always in the driver seat kekeke. 

So.....in terms of reliability, this frugal diesel jag has yet to give me any problem except that i am unable to collect enuf fuel expenditure within a specific time to qualify for some free gifts from shell. 

Friends get jealous when i tell them my monthly fuel expenditure got reduced by more than 50% by using diesel from Smart Energy. 

On the positive side, the XE's sound insulation is very good imo. I dont hear the diesel clatter at idle, i dont get much tire roar from my 19inches tires except on certain road surfaces and above gear 3 or 4, the engine note is greatly dimished to allow quiet cruusing for most part of the drive. 

Lastly, as what most people will tell you, go test drive all the cars you are keen on and compare. I wasnt attracted by the XE on my firat test drive. But having tried a few brands back to back, my opinion of the xe changed. Have fun :-)

Maxon88, newjaguar and snowmanyer like this

On 12/08/2017 at 4:50 PM, Coltagious said:

Hi snowmayer, 

The XE does have quite a few flaws to be honest. 

1) She's darn good looking - mine got scratched on the boot recently by some loser #$@/÷!!!

2) her roof is slightly shorter than other saloons for that sweeping good looks - you get reminded to stay focused on her as you enter....just like what my wife does with a knock on my head when my eyes go wandering :-)

3) Boot is a little small - helps me to keep only relevant stuff in the car. Still fits my recaro child seat with some room to spare. 

4) She lacks cubby space - again, this lady does not like to carry too much junk. Just a slot at each door for a small size btl plus a folder for coupons. Center console does have some space where u can buy an internal divider to give u more space. Oh, there's a wifi slot there to charge ur phone. 

5) She rattles - sometimes i hear it, sometimes i don't. Sometimes ladies can get a bit more naggy, mine does it from time to time. Didnt bother me that much :-) But heard another XE bro's rattling problem was bad enuf for him to ask wearns to check. Think it was resolved. 

6) rear seats are too cramped - i frequently ferry families and friends around. They comment that space is sufficient for travelling in SG. Unless you always go full load up north, this isnt a big deal imo cos i am always in the driver seat kekeke. 

So.....in terms of reliability, this frugal diesel jag has yet to give me any problem except that i am unable to collect enuf fuel expenditure within a specific time to qualify for some free gifts from shell. 

Friends get jealous when i tell them my monthly fuel expenditure got reduced by more than 50% by using diesel from Smart Energy. 

On the positive side, the XE's sound insulation is very good imo. I dont hear the diesel clatter at idle, i dont get much tire roar from my 19inches tires except on certain road surfaces and above gear 3 or 4, the engine note is greatly dimished to allow quiet cruusing for most part of the drive. 

Lastly, as what most people will tell you, go test drive all the cars you are keen on and compare. I wasnt attracted by the XE on my firat test drive. But having tried a few brands back to back, my opinion of the xe changed. Have fun :-)

Thanks Coltagious for the very detailed feedback. So the rattling part do you really mean the car rattles or "someone else" in the car rattles?  ?

I went to see the car and sat in it at the Suntec  Roadshow. Asked the sales exec a few questions regarding the ingenium engine but they were unable to answer me. It seem that their product knowledge is not really impressive. Interior quality is good enough for me and not as bad as what others had complained. The only flaw is the rear seat design. It seem to curve down from the door towards the centre, hence I felt awkward when seating at the rear, sort of misaligned. It will probably cause discomfort to the two side persons if sits three at the back. Legroom is tight at the rear (still better than my current car) but I can accept it since I am not the one sitting behind.  ?

By the way, I really appreciate your interesting sharing. Thanks.  ?

On 09/08/2017 at 9:29 AM, Ray.tanjg said:

Hi snowmanyer

i am a happy and proud owner of jaguar XE.

Been driving it for 5months and still loving it. I don't have the answers to most of your questions but I just share with you my point views.

Just head down to the showroom and have a test drive and feel for yourself. Generally people made purchase based on either logical and emotional decision. You need to know what you want and your budget. 

Jaguar XE is definitely not the best sedan in its class, it depends on your acceptance level of its flaws. The critics will never ends and it comes from an individual preference so place your judgement because you going to be the owner and driver.

Enjoy your buying journey. 

Ray

Thanks Ray for the honest sharing. Appreciate that.  ??

On 16/08/2017 at 5:44 PM, snowmanyer said:

Thanks Coltagious for the very detailed feedback. So the rattling part do you really mean the car rattles or "someone else" in the car rattles?  ?

I went to see the car and sat in it at the Suntec  Roadshow. Asked the sales exec a few questions regarding the ingenium engine but they were unable to answer me. It seem that their product knowledge is not really impressive. Interior quality is good enough for me and not as bad as what others had complained. The only flaw is the rear seat design. It seem to curve down from the door towards the centre, hence I felt awkward when seating at the rear, sort of misaligned. It will probably cause discomfort to the two side persons if sits three at the back. Legroom is tight at the rear (still better than my current car) but I can accept it since I am not the one sitting behind.  ?

By the way, I really appreciate your interesting sharing. Thanks.  ?

Hi Snowmayer,

Rattling refers to some part of the car interior panels, of course, the occasional passenger gets rattled as well when the cat growls kekeke. 

I usually experience this on uneven road surfaces and when the gearbox refuses to step down a gear when going up a slope. I am not too bothered with this althought i think that 160k should buy a better built car. 

snowmanyer likes this