jellybean

Horn beeps when unlocking doors.

Hi all, want to check if fellow cat owners have experienced the following and can share what they did to resolve the issues:

1) When unlocking the doors, the car horn beeps 2 times.  This has never happened before and is puzzling me.

2) When the car doors are locked, the fuel cap is not securely locked and still can be opened.  This is odd because if the doors are locked, I would expect the fuel cap to be secured as well.

Thanks all!

On 2/18/2019 at 3:22 PM, jellybean said:

Hi all, want to check if fellow cat owners have experienced the following and can share what they did to resolve the issues:

1) When unlocking the doors, the car horn beeps 2 times.  This has never happened before and is puzzling me.

2) When the car doors are locked, the fuel cap is not securely locked and still can be opened.  This is odd because if the doors are locked, I would expect the fuel cap to be secured as well.

Thanks all!

Hello Jellybean.

1) 2 reasons why this happens. 1st, you are trying to lock your door when the car could not detect your keys. No detection of keys may happen from time to time or your key battery is running low. 2nd reason, at least one of your locks on your car is not in position to lock itself. Eg, one of your door is ajar and you attempt to lock. The car will horn twice.

2) Let me try later and check if the fuel flap can be opened when the car is locked

Thanks for the response Khairister!

The 2 "horn beeps occurs when I try to "unlock" the car.  When "locking" the car, the doors lock normally and there are no beepings.  Only when "unlocking", the car will horn twice.

When the car is locked, the fuel flap appears to be secure.  But if you apply slightly more pressure on the flap, the spring mechanism gives way and it actually opens.  Not sure if others are experiencing similar issue.

43 minutes ago, jellybean said:

The 2 "horn beeps occurs when I try to "unlock" the car.  When "locking" the car, the doors lock normally and there are no beepings.  Only when "unlocking", the car will horn twice.

When you unlock and you hear horning twice, I suspect one of your doors was not able to unlock. Meaning the latch "jammed". Try physically opening every one of your door and boot. If there's one that cannot open, then that should be the door causing the double horn. 

I tried on my XJ

When locking, if any of the door is not fully close. It give 2 horn.

No issue when unlocking.

The fuel cap, its seem to lock. But I don't dare to force it open. Haha

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk