eavr4

ZF8HP Gearbox tuning

Anyone else find the ZF 8HP not sharp enuff? I also own a BMW 2 series that runs the same gearbox...so much sharper.

EA

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, eavr4 said:

Anyone else find the ZF 8HP not sharp enuff? I also own a BMW 2 series that runs the same gearbox...so much sharper.

EA

My take is dun tune gearbox. Did it with my previous VW Tiguan 2.0 TSI with DQ500 gearbox and i regret to the max. Gearbox tuning is for really hardcore driver who floor on every acceleration. If not, it will just make your drive super rough and jerky everything. I paid the fees for this lessons and reverted back to stock for gearbox. 

Just switched to "Dynamic" mode and leave it at there and you will get the sharp response you want. No point leaving it at "Eco" or "Normal" mode when what you want is a sharp and engaged drive. Press one button and you save the hundeds or even thousands of dollar. Have a good weekend ahead. Cheers

4 hours ago, eavr4 said:

Problem is dynamic if use paddle shift not sharp enuff and the software Jaguar run stuck at manual dun automatically switch back to auto..

BMW automatically goes back to Auto mode if u reach final drive for a while

I am in Custom tune....Upgraded turbo...fueling...upgraded cooling for 8HP hence only drawback is Gearbox for a fun drive

DTUK has OBD flash tools for the 8HP. I used it and it does feel a little better, though still not as sharp as what I've experienced when I test drove the 335i with the same tranny.

On 6/21/2020 at 1:26 PM, eavr4 said:

Problem is dynamic if use paddle shift not sharp enuff and the software Jaguar run stuck at manual dun automatically switch back to auto..

Actually, juz press on the up shift gear paddle and hold for a while then it will switch back to Auto. 

On 6/21/2020 at 11:20 PM, Loh_Meow said:

DTUK has OBD flash tools for the 8HP. I used it and it does feel a little better, though still not as sharp as what I've experienced when I test drove the 335i with the same tranny.

I tink the engine size diff is 50%. 

On 6/21/2020 at 1:26 PM, eavr4 said:

At Dynamic or Normal drive mode, the manual will be switched to Auto after a short while.

Only when you are in S Mode, the manual will stay as manual until you decide otherwise. 

Reaction not fast enuff. If its anyway close to BMW would be nice..

Anyway...might try DTUK. But gotto get the 8HP 8HP serviced first. My custom ordered forged aluminium 8HP filter(serviceable) transmission oil sump finally arrived.  Suppose to function as a heat sink to maintain ATF temp at optimal operating temp between 85 to 110 deg.
EA