MazzyMan

RE: Sound System Upgraded?

I'm still contemplating of adding an amp to mine. Workshop suggest that i should stay away until warranty expires.

a member suggested i add a battery to drive it so as not to tap into the build-in car batt.

Low wrote:

I'm still contemplating of adding an amp to mine. Workshop suggest that i should stay away until warranty expires.

a member suggested i add a battery to drive it so as not to tap into the build-in car b

Just done an upgrade last weekend together with some friends i met at auto show. Unlike other make, Jags are very sensitive. Tried a few times but no luck and finally the only upgrade i can do is to get another 2 channel amp for sub and upgrade speaker

MelvinL we need to meet to listen! I asked Wearnes if there is any option to upgrade my sound system and the answer came back as no.

Does it void the warranty? I have upgraded mine. The ang mo at the serive centre said that my warranty related to ICE upgraded will not be covered.

I have also changed my rim to after market 20 inch. They also say the same thing.

benson2909 wrote:

Does it void the warranty? I have upgraded mine. The ang mo at the serive centre said that my warranty related to ICE upgraded will not be covered.

I have also changed my rim to after market 20

well technically they can but it up to them.. just like some insurance can void certain policies just because there are minor mods to the car.

all in the fine print and sometimes they even reserve the right to interpert it their way... so

I don't know what's stock system for the new XF but my 2009 premium luxury model comes with B&W sets, pretty decent. Evoque comes with Meridian sound system.

Just did a simple upgrade of front speakers which cost me $680. It sounds so much better now. 🙂

On 6/8/2019 at 8:59 PM, ft8478b said:

Just did a simple upgrade of front speakers which cost me $680. It sounds so much better now. 🙂

Sounds cool. Maybe you can join our next meet up so that we get to hear it. Cheers!

6 hours ago, XFS said:

Sounds cool. Maybe you can join our next meet up so that we get to hear it. Cheers!

Let me know. Cheers.

On 6/8/2019 at 8:59 PM, ft8478b said:

What speakers did you use and which installer did you go to?