MazzyMan

RE: Tires Tires Tires

One of the items which faces decent to high levels of wear and most of all keeps the car safe on the tarmac...TIRES.

Share your opinion and experiences here!

I am a fan of Bridgestone in particular.  Very hard side wall and awesome dry grip

Anyone has experience with Dunlop? Mine is stock. Driving fast on wet roads has been nothing short of "cardio" exercise for me... Probably burn as much calories as a F1 driver... 

Makapook wrote:

Anyone has experience with Dunlop? Mine is stock. Driving fast on wet roads has been nothing short of "cardio" exercise for me... Probably burn as much calories as a F1 driver... 

do check out the michelin PSS (Pilot Super Sports). they have excellent wet and dry, and also excellent tyre life. They're probably the best tyres you can right now in the market. The grip is phenomenal.

icebear wrote:

do check out the michelin PSS (Pilot Super Sports). they have excellent wet and dry, and also excellent tyre life. They're probably the best tyres you can right now in the market. The grip is phenomenal.

Noted. Thanks! Performance-wise, better grip does it create more thirst?

icebear wrote:

do check out the michelin PSS (Pilot Super Sports). they have excellent wet and dry, and

Yes Mike. When I changed from stock tyres to PSS, my FC went up half a notch. Even when cruising you can feel the firm. PSS is superb on dry. Not the best in wet so I heard.

Went up half a notch? U mean fuel consumption becomes better or worse?

XFS wrote:

Yes Mike. When I changed from stock tyres to PSS, my FC went up half a notch. Even when cruisin

I'm on 20" forged rims (lighter than stock 18" Lyras) and staggered set up. FC still the same at 7.6L per 100km or lesser if the drive is longer.

Actually...any tire that provides awesome grip levels would mean wear rate will be high...simple equation.

Its like power...it cannot be equated to good fuel ecomomy.

I guess the other factor is our Cats are heavy and this does inc

MazzyMan wrote:

Actually...any tire that provides awesome grip levels would mean wear rate will be high...simple equation.

Its like power...it cannot be equated to good fuel ecomomy.

I guess the

Gotta be very careful with reviews...we gotta remember that our climate is totally different, needless to say road conditions too...personally using Bridgestone alot, its proven many times to be still my favourite but based on your numbers...it will be in

i see online

PSS is SGD330 x4

PZero is SGD300 x4

CSC5 is SGD360 x4

goodyear assym 2 ..states it does not manufacture my size 245/45 R18??????? only 235/45 or 255/45 or 245/40 for R18???

Have tried both CSC and PSS, IMO PSS is one of the best tires around for wet and dry.

If u are talking abt pure dry tires, nothing beats semi-slicks like PZero Trofeo, Pilot Sport Cup, etc. But beware of aquaplaning during rainy days.