Sign in to follow this  
chrispat

aftermarket brake pads/ brake kits

Hi guys,

I'm looking to replace the stock brake pads although I'm on the $3k all in wear and tear program. It's dam dusty!!!

I have tried the EBC redstuff on my previous ride and quite happy with the brake performance and dust level. 

Anyone has moved on to other brake pads? Yellow stuff? Ferado? Hawk?

I used to use project-mu for my previous ride. Not very dusty. But not sure if available for the jag or not.

EBC red is the cleanest. if you go yellow, green.. be prepared to get dusty levels haha. also, their dust is darker than stock too. so it'll not be dark grey, it'll be closer to black.

ferodo ds2500 would prob be the 1 up equivalent, but beware of noise, and not so rotor friendly.

project mu has quite afew models.. bestop is the entry level (OEM) iirc, b spec would be 1 up, but again, possible noise and not as rotor friendly.

for brake kit, i ordered the stock XFS brake kit, which are 355mm in diameter. our stock is 326mm (at least for the diesel, not sure for 2.0 TC). calipers & pads are different too.

If you plan to order it too, please note that not all XFS comes with 355mm! please check the dimensions before you order! (via ebay).

rear is standard for ALL XF/XFS, except XFR, so don't go change anyhow and upset the brake balance/brake bias. upsetting ur brake bias will result in more ABS moments, and less efficient braking. For that matter, don't change your front too big too as well. the size is not just for greater brake torque, but also better heat dissipation. unless you track, else its moot point and mainly for looks.

Thanks ice bear!

I'm a stock man but oem pads are driving me nuts.

Was leaning towards yellow until ur user feedback on the dust.

Looks like red stuff for me.

EBC red is the cleanest. if you go yellow, green.. be prepared to get dusty levels haha. also, their dust is darker than stock too. so it'll not be dark grey, it'll be closer to black.

ferodo ds2500 would prob be the 1 up equivalent, but beware of noise, and not so rotor friendly.

project mu has quite afew models.. bestop is the entry level (OEM) iirc, b spec would be 1 up, but again, possible noise and not as rotor friendly.

for brake kit, i ordered the stock XFS brake kit, which are 355mm in diameter. our stock is 326mm (at least for the diesel, not sure for 2.0 TC). calipers & pads are different too.

If you plan to order it too, please note that not all XFS comes with 355mm! please check the dimensions before you order! (via ebay).

rear is standard for ALL XF/XFS, except XFR, so don't go change anyhow and upset the brake balance/brake bias. upsetting ur brake bias will result in more ABS moments, and less efficient braking. For that matter, don't change your front too big too as well. the size is not just for greater brake torque, but also better heat dissipation. unless you track, else its moot point and mainly for looks.

Thanks ice bear!

I'm a stock man but oem pads are driving me nuts.

Was leaning towards yellow until ur user feedback on the dust.

Looks like red stuff for me.

red would be best if u want clean. yellow and green IMO is worse than stock. last time my friend thought i resprayed my rims. hur hur.  (didnt wash for a month, so made it really dark!)

I'm using Dixcel Slotted rotors and Dixcel High Performance Pads....(Dust free).

FYI, upgraded to SV8 brake calipers helped too (front 355 rotor size)

Stock 3.0L brakes dont really give confidence for highway driving....and stock pads were really dusty.

I'm using Dixcel Slotted rotors and Dixcel High Performance Pads....(Dust free).

FYI, upgraded to SV8 brake calipers helped too (front 355 rotor size)

Stock 3.0L brakes dont really give confidence for highway driving....and stock pads were really dusty.

hi bro may i ask where u installed it? my jag 355's are sitting on the shelf just waiting for warranty expiry.. lol

hi bro may i ask where u installed it? my jag 355's are sitting on the shelf just waiting for warranty expiry.. lol

OptimaWerke

Look for Jason (LengKee) or Sky (Serangoon)

If you are doing at Serangoon, we can kopi as its next to my office.

EA

I've been on red stuff for front and yellow stuff for rear. Seems like similar amount of dust for both, but definitely much less than stock.

uhm, according to EBC guidelines, front should always be at least equal or "more aggressive" than rear..  so should be yellow front and red rear. this is to avoid skewing the bias too much.

in order of aggressive, yellow, red, green.

there are other colors but those are racing or near racing pads le.

yes destinn.. those "colors" refers to EBC pads.

i'm stingy so i wanna use free wearnes pads and rotors.. haha..

I'm stingy too.. but life more impt.. u only got one.. :D

Just changed at autobolt today.

Much better than stock brake pads.

initial feel is similar to my previous ride.

Braking is more progressive and not jerky.

will run in and see any more diff.